‘Pick my brain’ strategy session
I know the struggles of running a sole-trader business. You're either overcommitted with your editing projects and have no time to work on the business or you're desperate for work but not sure how to find it.
Not many people understand the ups and downs of being self-employed, so you may not have anyone to talk to who can relate to what you are experiencing.
How would it feel to have someone help you? Someone who has been in your shoes, who knows the industry and who has experience in helping people to grow their business?
How I can help
In this one-off, one-hour call, you get the chance to ask me for advice on any aspect of your business. It could be about your pricing or your niche or how to get more clients. It could be about your marketing strategies or your website or whether you really need a blog. Or maybe you're just feeling burnt out and want someone to help you work out how to turn your business around.
Why am I able to help you? I have a unique combination of skills and experience in the editing profession:
- I worked in a small editing business for 10 years and watched and learned as it grew over time.
- I have been a subcontractor myself and have also managed a team of subcontractors (when working in-house) so I can give you advice on whether this is a good model for your own business.
- I have run my own successful editing business for six years and understand how it feels when there suddenly isn't enough work and what to do about it.
- I am completing a coaching certification which has helped me understand how mindset directly affects our success as business owners.
- I have developed online business products and know the systems that are required to create and market those.
I’ve just finished a one-hour Pick Your Brain session with Malini to talk about my editing business. I expected to get some helpful perspective on the anxieties that are keeping me from getting my business to where I want it to be—and Malini did give me that perspective—but more than that, I came away from the session with at least three concrete new programs to implement in my business over the next weeks, months, and years. The session was worth every penny, not only for the confidence and peace of mind it gave me, but also for the new sources of income I’m going to be able to generate now. I will certainly come to Malini again when I need another boost for my editing business!
Laura Portwood-Stacer, Developmental editor and publishing consultant for academic authors, manuscriptworks.com
What it costs
Sound good? Let’s book it in!
Use the button below to schedule your call. I will send you an invoice once you have made your booking.